Blog Archive

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Kiddos and Jesus

For today's lesson, we talked about Jesus' temptation. I used the lesson found in ministry-to-children.com. Instead of fruits and chocolate candies, I mixed bread and chocolate marshmallows. I can't contain my smile when most children begged to have marshmallows instead of bread. As expected, almost all the younger kids weren't able to resist the temptation of the mouth-watering marshmallows. They picked and straightly popped it into their mouths for fear that I might require them to return it.


(Note: This is just a borrowed picture from google. 
I should have taken a picture of the actual. OK, next time)

The lesson I borrowed do really have good and practical exegetical points for children. In addition, I love that they made efforts to create lessons that are Christ- centered. Indeed, even young kids need to know Jesus. Know Him and not just know about Him. I believe that behind their playful facades, God's Holy Spirit is working. As much that I try to be simple and concise with my teaching styles,I can only rely on the internal work of God's Spirit in opening the understanding of these young minds about great Bible truths.

The highlight of the lesson was, of course, Jesus. Had He listened to Satan, we would be left without a Savior. Having read a wise advice from here, I am now careful in not turning the lessons to moral stories. The Bible is about Jesus. The rest of the characters and events are but stages for the display of His Person.More love to our Savior and Lord! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts